Last night on the way to small group, another driver wasn't paying attention and hit our van. Thankfully, Randy is a much more alert driver than myself and he anticipated that the man wasn't going to stop and began trying to move us out of the way. There were no other cars coming in the left lane, so he moved us as far to the left as he could, but unfortunately this guy was literally not looking at all and still plowed right into us. It was right on Ella and my side which was pretty scary. The van is actually in pretty good shape considering, although we will have to have the doors fixed. Because the main impact was right on my side a friend suggested I give my Doctor a call. Dr. Ferguson decided that she wanted me to head to the hospital and spend the night being monitored just to be safe. They also did an ultrasound to check for any tearing or damage to my uterus, placenta, all that good stuff.
Thankfully, the baby and his little home looked great. I've been having regular contractions about every 10-20 minutes since then, but given my history with Ella (she was a week late), they decided to let me go on home and go about life until they pick up some. They are regular, but they still don't feel strong enough to me.
Overall, everyone in the Strickland house is doing well. Randy and Ella had no problems from the accident and are playing in the backyard as I type this..think I'll go play, too! :-)
Here are a couple of pics from the night...
Ella has decided that she's found a way to "hide" from pictures when she doesn't want to be in one..here we are when we were about to head home..
Ella has decided that she's found a way to "hide" from pictures when she doesn't want to be in one..here we are when we were about to head home..
5 comments:
PPraising God that everyone is okay. Praying for a safe and Healthy deliverly.
We are praying for all of you. But especially little Noah. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy. : ) Praising God for his protection over all of you and for good friends that love you while you're away from home. : )
Love you Laci, Randy, Ella and of course little Noah.
Laci, I'm so thankful that you all are safe! Praise God!
That Ella is too precious! I love how she "hides" from the picture.
Love,
Donna :)
WOW! I am so thankful everything is okay! Praise!!!
Wow, I couldn't believe this. We're just glad everyone is doing ok!! : )
Post a Comment