Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cool Park..

Today I was at the Ebeling's house and since the boys were at wrestling camp for the day, I decided it would be fun for us girls to head to the park. We went to the park on Elm Street in Greenville. I have been there a few times before, but I heard that they remodeled the "Toddler Park".. They did a great job! It would probably be fun for kids up to age 5 or so, but the girls loved it.

They had lots of stuff to climb in and around, spots to scoop sand, lots of swings, just all sorts of fun stuff. Ella, of course, liked staying put in the baby swing. Instead of park benches for the parents, there were benches that were long swings! Very nice!

The coolest part was that the park was completely handicap accessible. There were actually a couple of kids there enjoying the swings while we were there. I never really thought of the fact that a lot of kids miss out on going to the park. The girls thought the special swings looked like a lot of fun. I explained that we needed to leave them open while the other kids were there since they were the only swings they could use, but once they left we had to give them a try! :)



3 comments:

Council Family said...

Looks like a cool place...we will have to stop by there one day next time we visit.

Dean and Mary said...

That looks so fun. Eden loves to play and walk around outside. She would have a blast there. And what a neat idea to be handicapped accessable. How wonderful.

Barenakedchef said...

I had no idea that's what those swings were. We have some at a park near Charlotte, and I've often wondered. Now I really really love that park!